Saturday, November 01, 2008

Day 1 of the BLOGOFF

So, I'm taking my dear friend, Brandon, up on blogging every day in November.
So, here goes Day 1.



Quoted from http://www.brandonbarker.org/


"Blogging is something that is gaining popularity every day. People across the world are posting their thoughts, feelings, ideas, pictures, and videos for the planet to view. However, starting a blog and maintaining it with current posts are two separate things entirely. Most poeple have the best of intentions when they register their first blog post, yet for many reasons don’t keep it up to date. That is the reason for BLOGOFF: No “No Post” November.


In order to get back into blogging we feel that some blog owners need a jump start to their site. With that in mind we are setting up a challenge to all bloggers: write a post every day for the month of November. We think that this will get people to dust the cobwebs off of their blog and make it more of a discipline.


Here are the rules:
*You must post a blog entry every day of November (including weekends).


*You may not just reference a photo or a video, there must be a minimum of one paragraph written.

*You may not blog about blogging.


*Getting others to take part in the BLOGOFF gives you 10,000 points/person (points don’t really mean anything, though)

*You may write about whatever you want, however one post a week must meet the following theme schedule:
Week One: Politics
Week Two: Religion
Week Three: Sexuality
Week Four: Money


*If you decide to meet this challenge, let us know and we will post (and repost) your site on our BLOGOFF list so others will read your blog (which will give you more inspiration to write). We hope this is a great time of inspiration, thought, and revelation.
- The BLOGOFF Committee"




Yesterday, I had my gifted students post on my blog. Super funny! I want to give them a sense of technology that our school does not offer our students. My students are so eager to learn and try new things! Please respond to their post. I'm hoping to have them more involved in my blog.



Yesterday was also Halloween and my school was abounding with scary, funny, and bizarre costumes. I was an Indian (as in from India...) One of my favorite little students was a Chinese lady. So precious!



My school infuses literature with Halloween, so I went around to different classrooms reading the students an Indian Tale. It was wonderful! I taught them how to say "Namaste," which is what Indians say to greet one another. It was hilarious to see a bunch of Hannah Montanas and scary masks saying "Namaste" throughout the day!

Lyrics I'm Humming:
God of the City by Foster

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you keep this up?? Every day. I'll keep watch and see what you have to say. I always love reading your thoughts.
Love
Dad