Monday, November 17, 2008

Look at the Books

Wow! Christy and I spent the afternoon at the Miami Book Fair. So great! We wandered around enjoying hundreds of book vendors. I got a great Haitian Kreyol dictionary and some Kreyol books to help me practice my language! I also got a African-American Tales book for children. It will be nice to use that in my classroom.

The fair was huge! There were food vendors, musicians, live performances, art, author signings, readings, and, of course, books!

I love books. I love the possibility that a book might change you. I just kept thinking while walking around surrounded by thousands of books that it is so beautiful that the written word is so powerful. I love reading a good writer's views on a subject I'd taken for granted. I love reading a good writer's views on a new subject!

Well, needless to say, I would highly recommend the Miami International Book Fair to any books lover or person curious about being a book lover!

Lyrics I'm Humming:
Ooh La by The Kooks

No comments: