Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Quick Tour


I thought I would give you a tour of my new gifted classroom. I really like how I set the class up. We do a lot of small group work. The students work in "learning communitites" that are composed of 3-4 students. They work on spelling, vocabulary, reading comprehension, writing, and skill-based projects.

It is so fun to challenge these students. They are a breath of fresh air in my school. I truly believe in these young students. I am working hard this year to instil skills and knowledge in them that I know will benefit them in the long-run.


I want my classroom to be saturated with student work. Everything on my walls was either created by my students, put up by my students, or made because of my students! I want them to feel ownership of this room.



Yeah! There is part of my desk up at the front. : ) I roll around the room on my chair though...so I'm pretty much everywhere.



This is my classroom library. I set it up more in the middle of the room, because I believe reading should be central.

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my classroom!

Lyrics I'm Humming:
That dang freecreditreport.com song

No comments: