Monday, November 24, 2008

Viv Glorya Viv

Alicia and I went to Prince of Peace, a Haitian Mennonite Church, this morning. It reminded me so much of Haiti.

Kelly (my little brother) and I are leaving for Haiti this Wednesday. We're going to be there until Sunday...I wish it was longer. I am SO looking forward to seeing my beautiful friends down there!

Tonight I talked with Makendy and John on the phone. Makendy has learned so much English. I am so proud of him! It was so great talking with them. They are excited to see me.

I am especially excited to show Kelly Haiti. However, I am trying not to put much pressure on myself to show him the Haiti I love. I just want him to experience Haiti for what it is. I want him to come up with his own thoughts and views of the people and the country. I do worry that 5 days is too short of a time to understand a people, but I think it will give him a glimpse.

So, Haiti. I am close! Two more days!!!!! : )

Viv!

Lyrics I'm Humming:
India Arie's Strength, Courage, Wisdom

No comments: