Sunday, November 16, 2008

On and Odyssey

Well, today I had a coaches training for Odyssey of the Mind. It was super exciting!



Odyssey of the mind is a competition for students to stretch their critical and creative thinking skills.



So, I'm going to get together a team from LBS of 6 students to begin the adventure of training to compete academically! I'm really excited about this competition. I think it's going to be really good for my students to gain pride in their intelligence and in their thinking skills.



It's going to be a challenge and huge commitment though! We will have to practice at least 2 hours a week, and the students are going to have to expand their mighty minds to places they've never been before. I hope it will be a great experience for all of us!



The competition is divided into two parts: a long-term problem and a spontaneous problem. We have until February 7 to solve a long-term problem creatively and will peform our solution in front of the judges. The second part of the competition is a spontaneous problem that the judges will give each team the day of the competition. The team must then solve the problem creatively on the spot.



Whew! It's going to be a lot of work, but I am definitely up for the adventure!



Lyrics I'm Humming:

Band of Horses "Is There a Ghost"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I did Odyssey of the Mind as a child and loved it!