
Wow! I cannot believe that our country just elected the first African-American president to office. What an incredible time to be alive. It is fascinating how far our country has come within the past 100 years. When I think of a 90 year black woman and what she has seen in her life, it's inspirational. Our country and world are full of institutional, systematic sins, and I wonder what injustice done today will be undone in 90 years?
Christy and I had lots of friends over for an Election Party. We watched the countdown and had some delicious food! That's what I like about this year's election...it is drawing people together. People who wouldn't normally be cheering for the same time are coming together. I hope that Obama inspires a country of service and giving as he enters office.
What are your thoughts on the election?? Let me know!
Lyrics I'm Humming:
Every Move I Make
1 comment:
Has grandma seen this????
Post a Comment