Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Eve


As Election Day approaches with rapid fire, I can't help but anticipate who will lead our country next. I always feel anxious before Election Day, so I cannot imagine how the candidates themselves feel right now!


My school had a mock election. We voted for the president and we also voted for our own school government! One of my wonderful students won president. I am SO proud of her! I'm excited to see what ideas she has for our school.


Tomorrow night, some friends are coming over to our apartment to watch the results. If you're in Miami, you are definitely welcome to come by! It's from 7:00pm until the results all come in!
It is so exciting to see how many people are involved with this year's election. I love seeing people engaged with their government. I hope that this participation carries on past tomorrow night. Wouldn't it be inspirational if our entire country rallied together in service and generosity. Here's hoping!
Lyrics I'm Humming:
This Land is Your Land

No comments: