Thursday, September 01, 2005

Phase 1: Initial Euphoria


Oh my. It is absolutely ridiculous how gorgeous this city is and how much I already adore it. I arrived in Paris and was greated by the most beautiful French family imagineable. The father is on tour in South America...he's a musician. But the mother, daughter; and brother are so fascinating. The daughter is absolutely gorgeous. She has the weirdest/coolest/chicest clothes and has long, black hair. And, of course, her name is Guilietta...pronounced Julietta. The brothe, Valentino, is a total skater punk, but hilarious. The mother is so kind and has been wonderful.

A part of culture shock is the initial euphoria stage, where everything seems so romantic and marvelous. I'm pretty much positive that's what I'm going through...

*I adore the house I'm living in. My ceiling (see photo above) is a huge window with the most amazing view.
*Erin, the other American girl who is living in the same house with me, is hilarious and great!!
*My first real French lunch was to die for!! The food was so good and we were served this wonderful, dry red wine!
*The weather is fabulous... a little chilly with some sun.
*Walking the streets of Paris is delightful. Parisians are, to my surprise, not mean and nasty, but actuqlly very kind and helpful!
*My French is improving exponentially...and I've convinced one man at a computer store that I was French. Woowoo!



Erin and I are still viciously recovering from fatigue and jet lag...and my luggage is still lost in Amsterdam. Oh well... C'est la vie.


Tonight I think we're going to go chill at the Eiffle Tower!! Yeah for the World Fair!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have already seen lots of Paris and it's only Thursday------what a wonderful time for you!!!!!! How about "Hanging out at the Eiffel Tower!"----pretty impressive. Does you family have any grandparents around?????
Love you lots,
Your Grandma!!!!!

Anonymous said...

megan! i was so excited to read a post from you! sounds like you're having a blast and i am not at all surprised! i can't wait to stay updated! i looooove you way more than hansel loves goosel!

Jake said...

wow, this whole blog thing is a good idea... ;)

i am so pumped to hear that everything is going smoothly (besides your luggage). it sounds like your're going to have a wonderful time.

i love you!!

Anonymous said...

Megan-
Wish we were there!!! Is the house big? When do you start class??? Keep us posted!
Love ya-
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Wow, well I guess people "get" this blog stuff. Glad I got on your blog so I can send you a comment. Your room view looks cool!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Let us know when/if your luggage arrives. You MAY just have to buy a whole new French wardrobe!!!!!!
XXOO
Grandma