Saturday, September 03, 2005

WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me...



So Paris has this publication called the FUSAC. "French USA Connection"...kinda lame name...but whatever, it's a sweet magazine. They have all this useful information for English speakers in Paris...stuff like English moving people, bars, phone companies, housing, schools.... random stuff.
Well...there is a section called "Meeting Places" and anyone can write in asking a particular type of person to meet them at a place for a rendez-vous...
I found one I really want to respond to...

"WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. Not a joke! Meet me at N 35, rue St. Georges at Paris IX. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before."

Whatever! Paris is so stinking hilarious! Point to the story: the FUSAC is ridiculous and every English speaker must read it when in Paris.

Last night, Erin and I went to the Eiffle Tower, and oh my, it was gorgeous! I have to admit I'm not much at fan of the ol' tower of Eiffle...but it was wonderful at night! I have to admit I was completely swept away in the romantic atmosphere and alluring lights!


Tonight, I saw (for the third time) Charlie et le Chocolatorie. But this time, in French! It was absolutely wonderful! Although, Willy Wonka's real voice is better than the semi-awkward French version. Either way, it was so fun to hear everything in French. I actually understood most of the movie! Yeah for French.

It actually was a little bit more difficult than Erin and I imagine to see the movie... We wanted to see the movie in French, so that we could practice and hear the crazy dubbed version! We found the address of a movie theater with the film in French on La Rue Gobelins. We walked up the street forever and finally found the theater! We bought our 8,40 euro tickets and waited to go in. While we were waiting we walked a bit further up La Rue Gobelins and realized that we had bought tickets at the wrong theater! We bought tickets for the English version! Ahhh! So, Erin and I quickly walked back to the first Gobelins theater and asked for our money back. Oh la la! The very nice (and cute) ticket boy refunded our money and we walked back the the other Gobelins theater! Now our tickets were only 8,20 euros! Yeah for cheaper movie tickets!

Oh my! What a day! I took my Sorbonne placement test today (oral)!! Eiks!! I ended up talking about Haiti the entire time! It was totally awesome! Hopefully, I test into a decent level!

Oh well...whatever happens happens!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful! I hope you continue to have a splendid time. Miss you friend! ~~Stacy

Anonymous said...

I really look forward to your msgs., Megan!!! What ore Euros worth in our $$$$ ????? let us know how your tests came out---when do classes start???? We're all hanging on your every detail!!!!!
Love you lots,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Nice to read an update! The picture of the Eiffel tower is pretty.Love, Mom