Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Great Big Clump o' Talent (in a sarcastic voice)


So, tonight Erin and I were dying to hear some jazz music, so we set out to find a cafe with night concert. We ended up at Cafe Universel, a total hole in the wall place. There were only about 8 other people in the cafe...it was a really small crowd...and, there was definitely no jazz music..It was a Broadway style singing duet...

Ok, I don't even thing I can explain in words the awkwardness of this evening performance...But I'll try.

There were two singers: a girl and a guy. The girl was amazing...but the guy...oh my...

Imagine...

~gay man
~awkwardly tall
~bald
~in a white suit
~black, mafia style hat
~Tap danced
~Did a little ballet dancing...(uh, super weird and uncomfortable)
~Totally nasal voice
~oh yeah...he sang English, Broadway songs, with a terribly attempted New York accent!

Ok, now imagine the song choices: (All in super bad English)
~Songs from Mame
~Songs from Grease
~Songs from South Pacific
~Songs from Gypsy
~Songs from Funny Girl
~And, my favorite...*wink*smirk* ... a song called Great Big Clump o' Talent...oh my...

...pretty much every bad, old musical was sung by the lovely duet...

I seriously felt like we were at a karaoke night.

Well, Erin and I pretty much held back absurds amounts of laughter the entire time! We finally left around midnight and walked back to our house! We just died laughing the moment we left the Cafe!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Paris Metro (the underground train system) is an interesting mix of weirdness, comedy, crowdedness, heat, and super quiet, gorgeous French women.

Here are a glimpse of some of the countless hilarious moments on the Metro!

~One time, a 40-50 yr old man brought a black sheet and tied it to two poles on the Metro. He then stood behind the sheet and pulled out a handmade puppet, and did a really weird puppet show in French. Noone laughed or even cracked a smile! Erin and I were dying!

~An older lady wearing roller blades attempted to climb and descend down a huge flight of stairs. She did really weird "back cross overs" down the stairs. I was totally mesmorized with her and how she never fell. It was so weird to watch though...

~My first time in the Metro, I was semi trying to act kinda cool (ya, whatever Megan) and I completely biffed it walking up the stairs. It was totally ridiculous. I couldn't even stand back up I was laughing so hard.

Well, more Metro stories later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Megan------your descriptions are wonderful----I almost feel like I was there with you-----but would I ever flunk big time because I can't speak der language!!!!!!!!!
Love you lots,
Grandma
When do classes start??????

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty much the funniest stories I have ever come across. Megan Rapp, you make me laugh more than anyone else I have ever known!~Stacy