Friday, September 09, 2005

Fran-cais Classe...Day Two...What shall I do?



(Title is a wee little shout out to **Bleeper**)

Today was my second day of my French class. I have class Monday-Friday from 4:00pm-7:00pm. (Yes, that is 3 hours.) Oh my. I have to say class in France is much different than class in the US.

I have to climb 12 flights of stairs, which, in case you were wondering, is 138 stairs, everyday to get up to my classroom. But...I guess the extremely high up classroom gives the most beautiful view! I have a spectacular view (see above photo) from my classroom! It's totally gorgeous!

My class is about 15 students, all international. There are 3 Americans, a lot of Swedes, some Spanish folk, and some other random countries represented...

It's a very intense class though...The teacher is very kind, but very strict. She's about 30 years old and super pumped to be teaching the class. She speaks incredibly fast and expects all of the students to follow with ease.

Oh my. Class is long...but, it actually goes incredibly fast! We've already done grammar stuff that I've never even understood in English. She quickly reviewed a bunch of complicated grammar jazz...saying that "of course, we should all know this very well." I was like, uh, I don't think I've ever even seen... let alone learned this before! It seems, though, that everyone else in the class knows what she's talking about...

We had a crazy placement test last week, and from that test the Sorbonne placed us in our class. I did decent on the test, and was pretty pumped at the level I was placed in! Now...I'm a little nervous...maybe my semi-good French testing skills are getting me into trouble...

I'm hopefully going to totally rock at French in a few months! Right now, I definitely am a little rusty in class...erg...oh well, C'est la vie. The class is going to be so challenging, but I'm really looking forward to it!

I start my two Economics classes on Wednesday. I have Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis every Wednesday from 8am-11am. And, I have International Economics every Wednesday from 2-4:30. Eiks!! (As you can see, my Wednesday classes kinda overlap with my French classes....ahhhhh...) I have to talk with my teachers on Monday, and hopefully we can work something out.

Well, this week has been crazy and sweet! Tomorrow, Erin and I are going to Versailles! Yeah Louis XIV! We decided that we needed a little bit of the Rich 'n Famous life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just have one question...did anyone bring a tomahawk to class? because if so -- don't relent! the money's already been spent!

also...i am glad your classes are going well. they do sound hard -- but i'm pretty sure that if anyone is able to face up to that challenge, it is YOU. i love you.