Monday, August 29, 2005

From DSM to CDG









Monday afternoon at 1:37 pm I leave the DSM airport in the heart o' Iowa. From Des Moines I fly to Detroit, then Amsterdam, then finally Paris.

I have to admit I am a Des Moines lover. I love the wonderful city populated right around 700,000. But...of course, there are more pigs than people in the entire state. Oh my...those silly Iowans.

And, fun Des Moines trivia... The American Idols are singing at the Wells Fargo Arena tonight! Yeah, Fox! But, unfortunately for us Des Moiners...the freeway is still under construction, and it will, in fact, remain under construction until the year 2012. (Which is coincidentally the magic 2012 year of the Baylor Plan 2012!)

And, CDG is going to be huge! I get into Paris (Charles de Gaulle) on Tuesday morning at 9:10am. Paris, populated around 14 million people, is going to be a huge change from my beloved Des Moines!
It's going to be a long day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

megan! i can't believe you leave tomorrow! well, gosh, now i guess TODAY! i'll be thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow! i can't wait to read your next post! and don't forget to keep an eye open for thomas...that trickster could very well be the next carmen sandiego...

Anonymous said...

Megan-

Hope your trip is going well...can't wait to hear from you when you arrive!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

It is about 1:30PM. Megan just took off. I took her to the airport and got her checked in. One suitcase weighed 78 lbs and one weighed 32. Since the max was 70 we put some stuff from the heavy one in to the lighter one. It worked! I watched her go up the stairs and dissapper in to the security line. I waited for a final wave goodbye but she didn't turn around. I shed a little tear and went back to work.

Anonymous said...

megaaaan! are you there yet?! i miss you!

Anonymous said...

And, I'll give this one a try, too!!! Just made a huge batch of something for Lana's b.day get-together tomorrow----threw it all away---it was AWFUL!!!!! See now why I don't like to cook???!!!!!!