Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Romance Daylight Time Zone















Erin (in the picture, looking at a Monet) and I just discovered what time zone we're living in for the next four months...the Romance Daylight Time Zone. Oh my word...how absolutely gorgeous!

We also recently discovered the wonder known as the Musee D'Orsay. This museum houses some of the most beautiful impressionist artwork in the world, as well as a huge array of other pieces of art. The museum was a train station, turned into a beautiful showplace of art. The entire building is wonderful. There is a huge clock inside, and it puts a beautiful sense of togetherness to the pieces of art.

I adore artwork. There's something so magical about looking at a piece of art and just finding yourself somewhere in the scene. Whether you find yourself basking in the painting, or whether you find a sense of peace from the soothing sculpture. Either way, I completely love losing my soul in a piece of art.

I love looking at a piece and wondering what the artist was looking at beyond the painting. Was the painting solely in the imagination or was he or she looking at something real and elaborating on it? It's so amazing just standing there looking at the artwork, knowing that the artist stood in the same exact location looking at the same piece of art. Wow...

Point to the story: I'm going to buy a museum pass...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan-
Wish we were there...now, what about school? Is that something you will be doing while there or is it simply sight seeing, jazz club hopping, etc??? Sounds like my kind of education! Just kidding- I am glad you are having such a great time- enjoy every minute!

Love ya
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I wish I were there, too!!! Won't you have fun showing your Mom and Dad around!!!!!! You have such an appreciation for works of art---that's truly a rare quality for someone your age----I love hearing --reading---what your reacions are. When I was in the Llouvre---misspelled, I'm sure---- I took several pictures-------I did not see the signs all over the place saying that was a NO NO NO!
Apparently no guards saw me and I was doing it in all innocence---but, I guess justice will prevail and somewhere along the line I lost the film I had in the camera!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Megan... I am so proud of you, hun! Thank you for my nice mail... it made me feel lovely. It is summer we didn't connect again before you left. I love you so much and am so proud of you. So, are you ever going to, like, do schoolwork (*to be said in a totally American accent)? Just teasing, it is cool you are having so much time to sightsee and experience Parisian nightlife. I am so glad you are getting to experience art the way you are... You see so much beauty in the world! I am praying for you.
Love,
Krystal

Anonymous said...

...A bummer, not a summer. Yep. My spelling is not so good. Je t'aime.
KSC

Anonymous said...

I would like to visit some of your favorite museums when we are there in Nov.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan! I love your pictures and stories! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your birthday in Paris! How exciting!
I can't wait to see more pics and stories :)
love ya!
Adrian :)