Now...the expression, "Time Flies When You're Having Fun" could not have been any truer to reality!! I can't believe how fast this semester has flown. It's so crazy that tomorrow I leave to go back to West Some Monks.*
So...here's the top 12 list of the last things I've done here in Paris before leaving her...(with #1 being the very very last thing I did)
12.) Went to dinner at La Coupole. Enjoyed a very traditional French dinner...I ate escargot and a pig's calf! (Calf, as in the back part of his leg). Oh my! We had a nice demi-bouteille of Saint Nicolas Red Wine from the Loire Valley...and finished the meal with Baha-Rhum (a really good cake). Our meal was going to be about 50 euros a person...but the waitor really liked me and Erin and gave us a discount!!! What?! A discount in a fancy Parisian restaurant?! That never happens!! So...we each paid 35 euros! Pretty sweet.
11.) Went ice skating on the Eiffel Tower for 3 euros. Francesco and I ventured up there and put on our skates and somehow managed to skate around! Francesco only fell 3 times...I think it was 3 times. : ) But, regardless, the view was incredible!
10.) Helped Francesco shop for Christmas presents at Galleries Lafayette (picture below is of the ceiling!) and Printemps.
9.) Went to my African dance class. One last time with the crazy French dancin African style!
8.) Went to the Louvre. Oh how I love this museum. I strolled through Napoleon's apartments and saw some of my favorite paintings.
7.) Walked around Paris. I ended up having a funny conversation with this old lady by the Glaciere-Normand bus stop. It was so sweet. She kept telling me how "jolie" my accent was! Haha! I think her accent is jolie (pretty)! I then traversed all over my favorite rues, avenues, and boulevards in Paris. I cried a little bit when crossing the Seine for the last time.
6.) Lunch with Fernanda, Valentino, and Pajaro. Fernanda made fish and mashed potatoes. Haha. It was so nice. We had some red wine and Dulce du Leche Glace. Yummm....my favorite Uraguayan dessert!
5.) Packed up my stuff at the Canzanis...yep...reality. I definitely have more things to pack than I brought with me. Including lots of Christmas presents!
4.) Saw one of the best operas ever! L'Amour des Trois Oranges (The Love of Three Oranges). It was incredible. Whimsical, colorful, funny, clever, surprising! Everything that I love! The plot was so great and I just laughed and smiled the entire time. And, the singing...wow... the singing was absolutely unbelievable.
3.) Rode around Paris with Pajaro on his Vespa scooter!!! Ahhh! It was awesome! I was either smiling or grimacing with fear! : ) Man, when we got to the Bastille round-about I was really scared! We weaved in and out of all the cars. It was crazy!
2.) Went out with some friends to a Hookah (ChiCha) bar and smoked a nice orange chicah. It was really sad to say goodbye to all of them. There are definitely some people I met here who I will never forget.
1.) Played soccer with Valentino and his friends on Rue Pascal! Haha! After the taxi dropped me off, I saw them out playing and thought I would join them for a while! Now, this is at 3:00am, mind you! I will say that is actually a really nice, unexpected, last memory of Paris.
Paris. I'm going to miss you.
*"Des Moines" literally translated in French means "some monks"




3 comments:
What a neat way to end your stay. Your last few memories sound really cool. Ice skating on the Eiffel tower? How far up was that? I am sure you'll see the Siene again. You might even get me to go back! I had a great time there and would love to see more of France and the other neat places you went. See you soon. It is 4PM here and we plan to be at the airport at 7:48 to pick you up. I am so excited to see you. Will you talk with a french accent? Or, will you talk with a Texas one??? Maybe just plain Iowan. We'll see.
Love lots, Dad
fish and mashed potatoes? is that acceptable in France? haha I love you Megan. I'm glad you had so much fun in Paris, but I'm even more glad that I got to see you on Christmas Eve. I've loved tracking with your overseas adventure! Don't stop posting and I won't stop reading! muah muah muah!
Megan, I know you had a great time in Paris. I am really glad you had this experience. But, it is also nice to have you home again. I had a fun time skiing with you. Love, Dad
Post a Comment