Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas ...dwiddley-dwee!


Christmas in Paris!

What a wonderful time of year to be in this city!! It seems that everywhere I look there is just another Christmas surprise waiting for me!

They say that a picture is worth 1,000 words...so I'll spare you my babble and let you enjoy these glimpses into Paris at Christmas time!

(Above: Haussman Boulevard and Printemps...a very posh department store.)



(Above: Rue de Rivoli and the Hotel de Ville at night.
Below: Rue de Rivoli during the day.)




(Below: Chocolaterie and Patisserie by La Madeleine decorated for Christmas shopping!)



(Below: Candles lit for the Mother Mary at Notre Dame)



Merry Christmas!
Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where is the snow!!! You will have to wait and see it in Iowa.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Megan---I would love to be there to see what you are seeing!!!!! I'm sure there is NO PLACE like Paris.Thanks for taking the time to let us share in your joy!!!!!!! We are anxious to see you-----and I know the mixed feelings you will have when you leave Paris and it's beauty, and when you leave friends you have grown so close to------I know that someday you WILL go back to Paris!!!!!
Love you lots,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

And, another note----tell us about Prague and Vienna, please!!!!!
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Megan, it is very beautiful there! Are you getting in the Christmas mood? We are here. We have a tree up and decorations. And, by the way, a couple presents under the tree for you! I love your pictures of Christmas in Paris and the fun you have seeing it. I can't wait to see you next week.
Love lots,
Dad