
The first Sunday of each month ALL museums in Paris are free! So... me, being extremely low on funds right now, decided today was the day to see all of the museums left on my "list" of things yet to see in Paris!
I was going to see:
1.) Picasso Museum
2.) Carnavelet Museum
3.) Invalides
4.) Grand Palais
5.) Museum of Orsay
I had my day all planned out! I was going to leave around 9:00 this morning and jut all around the city to see all of these wonderful museums for free!!
Well...life happened... Yesterday, was my 4 hour final written exam for my French class at the Sorbonne...and after the test me and a bunch of friends went out dancing...and, well...I didn't get home until 6:45 this morning! Oops! So...that kinda messed up my plans!
Well...I woke up around 1:00!! Ahh! And, I decided to pick 2 museums to dedicate my afternoon to! So...Musee Picasso and the Musee Carnavelet made the cut!
Well...It was a great choice!
The Picasso Museum was incredible! I had no idea all of the different styles of Picasso! The museum showed a very diverse, versatile artist...and I thoroughly enjoyed viewing all of the beautiful pieces of art!
It was so great, because the museum would show a sketch by Picasso (like the one above of "Fernande's head"... and then they would have the final cubist (often) painting in the same room. It was so amazing to see the progression of Picasso's ideas!
So many times I just see the final painting and forget all of the hours and days and often years that went into planning that one painting. Picasso sketched and thought about each painting before he even began!
But, the best part of the sketches was all of the smudges and erase marks. Picasso was making mistakes and fixing them! He created something, saw a flaw, erased it, and created something new.
What a sweet life lesson! If only we could just look at ourselves through "third spectactor glasses" and see our flaws, erase them, and create something new! Haha! If only it were that easy!
I found myself enjoying his sketches, like the one above, better than the actual paintings!
I just love the behind the scenes stuff and seeing the actual person behind the paintings!
Picasso was such a beautiful man and his paintings and ideas are just so incredible.
Oh yeah...the Musee Carnavelet was pretty awesome too! (It's a museum of the history of Paris!) Actually, the Musee Carnavlet is my favorite museum in Paris, so far!

4 comments:
Megan, Your day sounds like so much fun. I wish I could be there to share it with you. Picaso sounds wonderfull 6:45AM???
sounds like you are taking advantage of everything before your return to the USA
Love,
Mom
Hi Megan-
Sounds like you are quite the party animal! I bet the museums are amazing! I am envious!
Can't wait to see you. We love the souvenirs your parents brought back. Christine had to wear her Paris t-shirt to school the first day after Thanksgiving!
Love
Debbie
Thanks for the comment Megan! Yes, the campus looks wonderful - quite in the Christmas spirit as usual. The tree was a bit squatty on Burleson Quad though and I am still confused as to why the tree in the SUB is decorated in blue and has grass coming off of it, but it is still beautiful nonetheless. Yes, evidently they have camels at Christmas on 5th Street every year but this was my first year to go. They have donkeys too with the nativity scene. Ah, I love Christmas!
Enjoy your last weeks! I am so excited about rush! See you soon!
Love your sister in the Lord,
Laura
Post a Comment