Last weekend from Friday to Tuesday, my dear friends, Francesco DiGiuseppe and Ashley Adishian, and I went to Vienna, Austria and Prague, Czech Republic. I adore Francesco and Ashley so much...we all understand each other's sense of humor and I just think the world of both of them.
Franceso has the most accepting heart...he is so open and kind to everyone! He has the best laugh and is always so quick to make someone else feel good about themselves. Francesco always talk so highly of others and can just make you feel so jolly!
Ashley is maybe one of the most giving people I have ever met. She always offers her things to others...I am so humbled and embarassed by her giving heart that seems to always be helping me! And, boy can that girl dance! Ashley and I both share a love for dance! And, sorry Francesco, for boring you with our dance talk!
Anyways...Vienna and Prague!
Vienna
VIciously gorgeous church! Saint Peter's in Vienna was probably my second favorite church in the world! (After Saint Peter's in Rome). The church was a pretty small, domed church, but it was so amazing. The paintings and the detailed work was just to die for. The dome was so incredible...the colors and mood were all golds, whites, and peaches...pretty much the same feeling of the city of Vienna! (Picture of a typical building in Vienna at top.) The city was soooo beautiful...the buildings were just such pure colors! Everything felt like it was a song! The buildings appeared to be singing a lovely classical melody...
ENjoying Christmas in Vienna! We all tried traditional Austrian treats: sweet, salty, and things to drink! It was so lovely enjoying Christmas time! I am just such a fan of the whole Christmas atmosphere! It just brings such warmth to everyone!
NAt as nice hostel...eiks... So, we stayed in probably the sketchiest hostel in Europe for one night in Vienna! It was terrible! First off...the hostel was actually the back storage room of a bar! We slept in one big room in the very back of a smokey, dirty bar...and the one lady who worked there was 1/2 Korean and 1/2 Russian...no joke! I asked her! She was way shady!! She wore a bustier with her chest hanging out!! Eiks! And, we slept on beds with yucky fake silk sheets...Oh my goodness...it was definitely an experience! Luckily, we were only staying there one night!!
Prague
PRetty beautiful buldings, churches, bridges, and castles! The entire city of Prague was like a fairy tale! It was just so old world feeling...and we all really enjoyed it! I was so impressed with the details on all of the buildings! I kinda felt like I was in Russia for a while!!AGreeably the best walking tour we've every been on! Franceso, Ashley, and I took the best walking tour ever! It was a Ghost Tour and was late at night!! Well, our tour guide spoke very poor English and said "ja" a lot...in a kind of scary, pirate voice! Haha! She used all "v's" for "w's" which definitely added to the scariness!!! The tour even had people jumping out and scaring us!!! It was soo awesome!!! We were definitely incredibly scared!
UE (Union European...French for the European Union) Czech Republic is not fully a part of the EU yet...so this means two very important practical things for us tourists: 1.) I get a stamp in my passport!!! Yeah!!! 2.) They don't use the euro...they use the krown for a curreny and the US dollar can buy 25 krowns!!! Yeah!! Finally, I feel like the dollar is worth something! I bought lots of lovely presents and enjoyed some nice meals here in Prague! And...our hostel was something like 10 euros a night...which was lovely!
Vienna calls themselves Wien...which makes someone from Wien a Wiener! Haha! And, Prague was very confusing to figure out what to call them...so I say that they are Praguecians! Haha!




3 comments:
Hey Megan, I can't wait to see all the pictures! We will be at the airport thursday @ 7:00. Dad tried to call you about 4:00 our time and no answer. Oh well. We have our decorations up and presetns under the tree. Can't wait to see you and welcome you back to the US.
Love,
Mom
Hi Megan!! We will probably all be there and I know I will cry when I see you, as I will be so happy to have you home and to know that you have had such a WONDERFUL experience!!!!!! Please tell all your friends hello from your family, and thank them for helping you have this unbelievable time in Europe!!!!!!
Love you lots and lots,
Grandma
Megan-
We are so excited to see you and hear all about your adventures!!! It will be nice knowing you are safely back home...but what a great experience you have had!
Love-
Debbie
Post a Comment