I can't even begin to express how much I love Jesus Christ. He has done so many things for me and I am just in awe with His Beauty every day.
I see God in everything here in Paris.
God is in the Streets.
Sometimes when I'm on the street walking I just think...how many people around me have something hard going on in their lives...how many people are starving for the undying peace that God gives? Sometimes when I'm walking, I just pick one person and pray for them. I pray that they will somehow see God. However they see Him...I just pray that they find God's grace in their day.
God is in the Gardens.
The gardens in Paris are such serene havens. With all of the chaos and traffic of the city...you can always find peace in a garden. The Paris gardens are unlike any gardens I've seen in Europe. They are so calming and warm. Luxembourg Gardens (my second home) are always just a little bit warmer than the busy street. On a cool fall day, you can find some warmth and comfort in the wonderful gardens.
God is in the Churches.
When I first saw the incredible churches of Saint-Eustache, Saint Chapell, Notre Dame or La Madeleine...I quickly judge and think of all the money that was put into that building and how that money could have gone to so many other places.
Francesco took me to mass at Notre Dame on Sunday night...it was so beautiful...I think this trip has definitely given me a new respect for the Catholics.
Worship.
Isn't worship just our humanly expression of our love for God? We worship by singing to Him, we worship by dancing for Him, we worship by conversing with others...and we can worship by building Him the most awesome constructions humans can dream up. These churches were built for God. The churches were built to praise His name. After I realized this...I quickly came to understand how much of the Lord is built into Paris.
God is in McDonalds.
Now, this may sound silly...but, it's true! MacDo has free wireless...so I often traverser over there to use the internet. Well...if you're at the Micky-D's by Gobelins in Paris around midnight...you will here worship music! Yep! That's right! Hard core Stacy Orico, Jars of Clay, Micheal W. Smith, Jeremy Camp worship music! It's such a treat to here it! Even at McDonalds, ther are Christians trying to get The Word out!
God is in the Post Office on Rue Corvisart.
So, you know when you're just having a rough time and one kind person makes all the difference. Well...today at the post office right by my house, a very kind women patiently helped me for about 45 minutes send out to packages to the US. She was so kind and spoke French to me the entire time! (Which I appreciate soooo much!) At the end of our long episode of mess-up after mess-up...she said to me "Attendez un moment." (Wait a minute) She then came back to me and gave me a cute little candle and red candle holder! Now, I did not see that one coming! God, you sure know how to make someone smile!!! Thanks!
God is in the Metro.
I always find kindness on the Metro...if there's a lady with a stroller or a large suitcase coming down the stairs...there's always a friendly hand helping her. Just the other day, on the very crowded lunch traffic Line 6...there was a man in one of the prime seats...Now, when I say "prime seats" I really mean "the prime seats on the Metro." These are the best seats in the train that people usually fight for! Well...there was a lady with two small children and a huge backpack. He quickly called her over and gave her his chair. Then the lady across from him got up so she could have more room to sit. They both gave the lady a kind smile and stood amoung the crazy crowd. Now, that is giving yourself for someone else! I know that God was watching over that lady and her family that day.
The more I think about it, the more I realize how incredibly lucky I am to be a Christian. Life just sets upon a new spin when you see it through the eyes of Jesus. God protects me, loves me, blesses me, and challenges me. I just think about even the basic example of my family. My mom and dad are some of the most incredible people I have ever met in my life. And, they're only the way they are because they are Christians. My parents give me so many things...which I know is just another way of God to show me He loves me.
Wow...Life is So Beautiful.




2 comments:
Wow, Megan!!!! And you are beautiful, too!!!!!!
Grandma
You have nice comments Megan! Hey call us when you get to the US. Call collect, ok? We have tried to call you but no answer. Can't wait to see you.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment