Friday, December 09, 2005
Traversing the Catacombes of Paris!
So, today Mouhammed* and I went to the Catacombes of Paris! Eiks! It was incredible!!
About 100 years ago there was a terrible disease sweeping Paris cemetaries...so the president moved all of the bones out of the cemetaries and into the Catacombes...which are pretty much under about half the city!
Well..for a student discount of 2.50 euros...you can explore the labyrinth of the Catacombes!
They were huge!!!! Tunnels and rows and more tunnels and more rows of bones!!! It was so weird!
And, surprisingly, it was really clean!
Well...I just wanted to give a quick update before I leave in about 20 minutes for Vienna and Prague!!
Gros Bisous!
*Mouhammed is this funny guy from my International Economics class that I've kinda sorta been seeing here in Paris this semester! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Ooh I'm jealous Megan! I've been to Catacombs in Rome which although a similar idea are completely different, but I've also wanted to go to the ones in Paris!
I didn't even know this existed----you are learning sooooo much!!!!!
I hope you are having a great time in Prague and Vienna!!!!!
Love you lots--
Grandma
Megan-
Love reading about your adventures! You have done and seen sooooo much! We will be anxious to hear more when you return.
Love ya-
Debbie
This is creepy, Megan. Clean? How could that be? Kind of glad we didn't have time for this tour! See you in 11 days!
Kinda, sorta been seeing? What? Spill, girl, spill!
Jennifer
I would have loved to see this even if Dad would not have liked it!
Mom
I'm with Jennifer...let's hear about this boy!
Your thoughts on the metro are very funny! I love reading about all the neat things you're experiencing in France :) Hope the rest of your journey is safe!
God bless.
Post a Comment