Every experience of beauty points us towards eternity...
Thursday, my quote book from my wonderful Baylor friends was the above quote. So, I decided to spend the entire day looking for beauty. And, boy...it was everywhere!
I'd like to change the quote a little and say too that...
Every experience of beauty shows us the Creator...
My list of beauty is endless...so I decided to just show you 10 views from Thursday.
1.) We took the kids from Ma Petite Ecole to Ecole des Freres...we played outside all day long! The kids had so much energy and so much life. And, Nicolas and Bernadette (two teachers) were so amazing with the kids. And, the smiles on the kids faces...it was beautiful.
2.) Makendy spent the whole morning helping us control the kids. He is so cute with the kids! He swings them around and plays games and plays soccer and just loves them!
3.) We went to Destrain (a city on the sea) to see Emilio's and Makendy's family. The drive to Destrain was incredible. Creativity in Haiti is amazing. It's beautiful how creative people are when they have nothing. I saw so many bridges along side the road crossing over the river which were incredibly inventive...people made bridges out of everything...trees, garbage, tin, ladders, plants, ropes...
4.) The sea at Destrain was beautiful. The pollution wasn't as bad as I've seen it here. And, you could just see forever. It's so beautiful to think how calm and peaceful God can make the sea...but, He can also make it loud and deadly. But, in both situations...it's still the same sea. Isn't that a beautiful comparision to who God is??
5.) I swam in the sea and a bunch of the boys we were with gave me starfish! It was so great! They were so beautiful. And, the kids were so happy to give me something that made me smile so much! I eventually got up enough courage and went to the bottom to try and find myself a starfish!
6.) Makendy brought his new shoes and soccerball to Destrain...and the second his family and friends saw this...there was about 30 guys following him. I followed and they went out to this dirty open area to play a long game of soccer! It's beautiful to see such a love for a sport.
7.) Makendy's mom looks just like Makendy.
8.) When we were at Emilio's house, the grandpa brought out his best dining room chairs so we could have something comfortable to sit on. Servanthood...Generosity...Hospitality...
9.) Drinking coconut juice. Emilio and Makendy climbed up a tree and took a big machete to cut us some fresh coconuts...
10.) The sky. The sky was incredible. It was so clear and so blue. And, there were just enough clouds in the sky to hide the intense sun. God, you have created so many beautiful things...
Beauty is everywhere. When you think about it enough, you can find beauty in anything. God's imagination and sure genious blows me away.
God, You are beautiful.
Lyrics I'm Humming:
I Have a River
7 comments:
Megan-
LOVE your blog! How do you travel- bus, car, mule? Your pictures have been amazing too! We all miss you and think of you often- your blog helps us know what you are doing and that you are okay. We missed you at the 4th.
Love ya-
Debbie and Christine
I ditto Debbie's message-----and, what beauty you see! All of us should take time to look at beauty every single day! I saw beauty that you pointed out to me----the flowers around the office building---dental--in W.D.M.----the beauty as we drove up and over a small hill as we were heading toward University Ave. I had seen, but had not appreciated---now I do!!!
I am more aware----I thank you!!!!
Love you lots----
Grandma
It was wonderful to hear your voice a couple of evenings ago-----
Megan
I love your analogy of God and the ocean. He can be just as well as full of grace. I'm sure it is very beautiful there. I remember the bright blue waters we saw in Dominican when we were there. I love you Megan and proud of what you are learning there.
Dad
Hey Meg,
Glad you are seeing so many things. Anxious to see all you pictures when you come home.
Mom
nice song choice! and who are those baylor peeps you keep talking about? they sound so cool...hehe ;)love you miss you!
nice song choice! and who are those baylor peeps you keep talking about? they sound so cool...hehe ;)love you miss you!
Post a Comment