Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Glimpse Through My Lens

Images of Leogane, Haiti
Images of God
Images of Life
Images of Suffering
Images of Love
Image of Oppression
Images of Grace
Images of Misery
Images of Humility
Images of Christ
Fete de Dieu...Catholics all over walked the streets on this day singing praises to God.
The sugar cane leaves surrounding the street on Fete De Dieu. It was such a beautiful sight.
Immacula making chicken.
The guitar and music has been such an international language for me here. I met a man who wanted to play my guitar. I let him, and his music was incredible. He sang Alleluia and he sang for Bondye (God). It was such a beautiful moment.



Makendy...the boy I just adore. I wish I could just take him home with me and give him a family, food, opportunities...He deserves so much. The other day I gave him a pair of soccer cleats...and he freaked out! He was in shock! He gave me a huge kiss on the cheek and just couldn't stop thanking me! It was so beautiful though...He's such a good kid.




Immacula (the cook) buying onions from a lady. She walks on the street with all the onions on her head! I can't believe the balance and strength it takes to do that!




Linda...Emilio's wife. She's the beautiful lady who sings so loud, yet walks and talks so slowly.


Lou Lou...He's the son of MaryLou (the lady who cleans). He's adorable, but definitely has a hard life to deal with. He's one of the students at Ma Petite Ecole.




Vanessa, Kedjen, Erline, and Claudianna in the pink. Four super cute girls at Ma Petite Ecole. Kedjen (the curious girl looking in the camera) is such a little pickle! But, how I adore her even more!
Lyrics I'm Humming:
What a Wonderful World

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan your pictures are amazing! They tell so many wonderful stories of your compassion and love! I think wonderful things are happening with you down there! I'm so proud of you!
love ya!
Adrian :)

Anonymous said...

Wow your pictures are fantastic. They show alot about the people. Makendy is a very beutiful boy! What will he do as he grow older?
Mom

Anonymous said...

I missed seeing this blog, Megan---am catching up now. Your pictures are wonderful!!!!!
Love you lots---Grandma