
So, the other night there was a huge thunderstorm. Talk about God's power! Wow. I have maybe 2 times in my life seen a thunderstorm that loud and strong. It started as soon as the sun set, and the lightning was incredible. In Haiti, at night it is incredibly black out. You look out the window, and the sky is so dark. This was a beautiful backdrop for God's performance. The lightning was crystal clear.
When it started to rain, all of the Haitians ran into their homes. The street flooded up so high. The water raced down the street as if I was looking out into a river. The rain was fierce and the drops were heavy. But, it was so cold and so refreshing. What a treat after such a hot day!
However, what I was most astonished with was how God takes care of this town. The pollution is very bad. There are no garbage cans and there is no sense of garbage-collection. People throw all of their trash into the street or out their windows.
There is one section of Leogane that smells so incredibly rank. I can't put my finger on it...It's a cross between rotting corpses, urine, animal manure, and burning wood.
But...after the storm, God washed away the stentch and the trash. He takes care of us even when we can't take care of ourselves. Above is a picture of my street...after the storm. There is hardly any garbage on the street. I can't imagine this town without rainfall. The vegetation is so lush and there are so many huge trees that surround many of the houses. The trees give us shade and food. And, all we have to do is watch God take care of them!
God's defintely watching over this town.
Lyrics I'm humming:
Our God is an Awesome God.
3 comments:
Megan,
Thank you for your wonderful observation. Your experience in Haiti brought me hope today in the States. God bless you.
brandon mick
Hey Meg! I'm glad you don't need that rainjacket you left here. HaHa! That is nice that the rain cleans the city, but it's too bad God doesn't make it disappear! It's gotta go somewhere, and that somewhere must be way dirty! Love you lots!
I like your song!
Post a Comment