
God has definitely been doing some serious behind-the-scenes work. There are a number of things that I've been pretty nervous about...which are completely out of my control. And, I thought I'd explain how God has taken care of so many details.
1.) Lonliness. I will be the only girl my age from America who speaks English.
God had other plans! As of two days ago, there will be a 21 year old French girl who lives in America living with me! Her name is Mathilde, and she is going to be teaching a French class!
2.) Flying by myself to and from Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Well, the director of Neges (the organization I'm helping) is flying down with me! I'm meeting her family in New York, and we are on the same flight down to Port-au-Prince!
From Port to America...Mathilde is going to get on the same flight as me! That way there will be two of us together!
3.) Finances. I barely make rent each month...I just don't have the funds to purchase plane tickets to and from Haiti or school supplies for the kids. I also want to give the family I'm living with in Haiti money for completely providing room, food, laundry, and transportation for me.
Well, God definitely provided here! I sent out letters to friends and family asking for prayer and financial support. And, I was blown away with their generosity. I had everything from the poor college student giving what she could to a kind family making a substantial budget cut to support me. It was just so humbling to see how people responded.
4.) Communication. How will I communicate with my family to let them know I am okay?
I will have internet access when I am there, so I can email my family and keep updates on my blog. The family also has a phone, so my parents can call that number if they need to get a hold of me! I didn't realize how much I depended on technology so much.
I leave tomorrow for New York. I'll be staying there for three days...and then, on Friday morning we'll leave for the Port-au-Price airport. We get into Port at 1:00 pm this Friday.
Please pray for safety from about 1:00pm to 4:00pm on Friday, as we travel to Leogane.
Lyrics I'm humming:
My God's gonna come in the mornin'.
2 comments:
that's ultra great megan, but the BEST part is that He's not even close to done working. that makes me excited and i'm not even the one going. :) i'll be praying for you tomorrow and basically for the rest of the summer. love love love.
Miss Megan:
Received word of your needs today through the FEFC prayer chain.
Our weekly prayer meeting is tonight, Wednesday, where I will present your requests to our group.
Haiti IS a Spiritually needy place. We will pray that you will place yourself in His care and that His Light shine through you.
Seek and follow wise council for your travels and He will be your protection.
StoneBrooke Prayer Group
Post a Comment