I liked being in the Hanging Church, and thinking about all of the Christian believers who worshipped God in the building. The Hanging Church is dedicated to Jesus' mother, Mary. I loved the beautiful icons and images in the church. There is so much meaning in every decoration in that wall. Even the detailed ebony, ivory, and cedarwood carved walls have symbolism. The ten points of a repeated star represent the Ten Commandments. Each icon in the church was thougtfully and purposefully placed and is a way to worship God.

After we explored the streets of Coptic Cairo, we went to the British Cemetary and sat underneath a mayflower tree and talked. It was the first time in Cairo that I sat in lush grass, which was a treat. The peaceful cementary was a calming oasis from the bustle of Cairo. We talked about life, families, dreams, struggles, and joys. It's been nice getting to know Ally's friends, Rachael (American) and Maggie (Egyptian) here.

It is beautiful to me to think of all the different people groups and cultural traditions that praise the name of the same God. Every person views worship differently, and I love seeing the various ways men and women seek to praise and honor Him.
Lyrics I'm Humming:
"Claire du Lune" by Debu
2 comments:
I was wondering if you you know the song "Walk Like and Egyption"? That would be the song I would probably hum! Ha. Good to read all the interesting things!
Hi Megan, I love your pictures
Post a Comment