What is it about snow that is so magical?
...Maybe it's the moment the snow falls and the anticipation of a snow day.
...Maybe it's the morning after a fresh blizzard where the whiteness graces everywhere one looks.
...Or, maybe it's the opportunity to play around with this white wonder.
Well. my students and many of the teachers I work with are fascinated with snow. Most of them have never seen snow in their entire life! Now, for me, a girl of West Des Moines, Iowa, snow is a part of my childhood and youth. Snow is lovely, but snow is also depressing and a pain! My memories of snow are not all magical wonder.
Well. my students and many of the teachers I work with are fascinated with snow. Most of them have never seen snow in their entire life! Now, for me, a girl of West Des Moines, Iowa, snow is a part of my childhood and youth. Snow is lovely, but snow is also depressing and a pain! My memories of snow are not all magical wonder.
I do have some great snow memories!
So...I want to bring **snow** to my students somehow. Any ideas???
My back porch in West Des Moines, Iowa! So pretty!
Snow Fun Facts!
**Believe it or not, snow is actually clear or transparent. Snow appears white because the crystals act as prisms, breaking up the light of the sun into the entire spectrum of color.
**The largest snowflake recorded was fifteen inches in diameter!
**All snowflakes have six sides.
**No two snowflakes are alike.
**The fluffiest snow falls at temperatures around 15F.
Lyrics I'm Humming:
Let it Snow!
1 comment:
Megan, it was great having you home for a few days! Sorry about all the snow. It'll be gone by July, I hope.
Love
Dad
Post a Comment