Monday, February 11, 2008

My voice is back

I've come to the realization (with the help of a caring soul) that the reason I haven't posted since November is that I am unsure of what I can say on this blog.

I guess I don't know the purpose of this blog right now, so I kinda avoided it.

Is this blog a place to speak honestly about my experiences in the schools I work in? Oh no... that would not be okay.

Is this blog a place to explain about what I do with my kids in my classrooms? Maybe...

Is this blog a place to share funny stories and daily insights? Yes...most definitely! But...without any proper nouns!

New/Old News! : ) I've been teaching gifted students at 4 different schools in inner-city Miami since October 8, 2007. The day of my liberation! : )

I work at Phillis Wheatley Elementary School in Overtown on Mondays.
I work at Lenora Braynon Smith Elementary School in Allapattah on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I work at Kelsey Pharr Elementary School in Allapattah on Wednesdays.
And, I work at Little River Elementary School in Little Haiti on Fridays.

So, this is hopefully the rebirth of my blog "grace a" Jeremy. ; )

Funny Story: I went to a Christmas tree burning cook-out last night. Christmas trees are really fun to watch burn! Very dangerous, but wow...they sure catch on fire quickly and makes lots of noise.

Daily Insight: The poor and the middle class have incredibly different mentalities.

Lyrics I'm Humming:
Brown Skin by India Arie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and she's back in action!

heatherlee said...

Glad you're back- have missed the updates!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back, i missed reading these!