Well...that concept hits home for me. Jeremy and I have been doing a Doug Fields Bible study since Christmas, and the past few days have been on being peacemakers, mercy-ful, and love-flowing. I am feeling a strong conviction to apologize to people in my life to whom I was disrespectful and unkind. In particular...a certain woman at my school deserves my sincere apology, and I would love your accountability challenging me to apologize to her.
God is incredible! I mean really...incredible!
Tuesday, February 12th at Lenora Braynon Smith, I had the best day teaching since August! It was a wonderfully refreshing day for me.
We were learning about poetry, colorful writing, metaphors, similes, nature, Maya Angelou, and finding your voice in your own writing. We talked about oppression and change...seeing how words, pictures, and a single voice can spark international change! It was so great!
And, then I realized. Wow. God really loves the children in my classroom. I mean...really loves them. As simple as this sounds, I think I looked at my children in a different light. I took some great pictures of their smiles and eyes yesterday. I wish I could post them on this blog to share with you. I'm going to send an email for you to see some of them!
God's love is dependable.
Deuteronomy 7:7-11
God, your God, is God indeed, a God you can depend on. He keeps his covenant of loyal love with those who love him and observe his commandments.God's love is impossible to hide from.
Romans 8:35, 38-39
Absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us!God's love is believable! It's believable because it is real!
1 John 4:16-18a, 19
God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us... There is no room in love for fear.Love someone today!
Love someone who is hard to love,
because sometimes that is the person who is
most in need of Godly love!
Lyrics I'm Humming:
Unchained Melody by Robson and Jerome
4 comments:
I'm so glad that you had such a great day tuesday!!! that's a huge answer to prayer.
i love you
Those pics of your kids show how much love there is in this world, sometimes it is just hard to see it. I can't wait till you get another day as good as this one.
After reading your post, I had to share with you this quote I've been thinking about. Remember "Theirs is the Kingdom?" Oh my gosh, how I love that book.
"There is only one activity so unique to this world that Christ distinguished it as the proof of his deity and of our authenticity as his followers...It is more reconciling than Camp David peace accords, more convincing than arguments for and against abortion or gay rights, or the authority of scripture. It illuminates the minds of men and women more than Christian television or political debates, and it is not an option for a Christian. It is a command. It is love. Love of a special sort."
Wait, who's Jeremy?
Megan, it's been a while since I checked out your blog and it is so great to see the enthusiasm and hope that permeates your writing now. I know that things cannot possible be easy all the time (or ever). It's amazing to witness how you've devoted yourself to bettering those kids through education though. And it's evident that you love them. Keep up the good work and congratulations on the grant!
Post a Comment