Sunday, March 30, 2008

Adios Miami... for a while...

After throat infections 6 times since October 2007, I am finally getting my tonsils out.

The surgery is Wednesday, April 9th with Dr Greiman (a friend from Valley Church).

I will be in Des Moines Friday, April 4th to Thursday, April 24th. 

I am going to miss my students, but it will be good to take care of my health.

Last week, my Lenora B Smith Elementary School morning class got their Flat Stanley project back in the mail! Flat Stanley is a character from a Jeff Brown book that you send out to friends and family in the mail to experience those locations. After Flat Stanley visits the destinations, he comes back in the mail with postcards, pictures, brochures, and items from his travels. 

My kids were so excited to get Flat Stanley back! We had a blast with him! We made a class display with maps, pictures, brochures, and my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students even wrote persuasive letters persuading me to visit one of the three Flat Stanley destinations.

So, thank you for those of you who helped! My Miami classroom has now visited Des Moines, Tulsa, and Phoenix! If you want one of my other classrooms to visit your city, please let me know and we can send you Mr Stanley. 

Lyrics I'm Humming
Love Today by Mika

1 comment:

heatherlee said...

If Mr. Stanley would like to visit Nashville, he is more than welcome!

Hope you will be feeling better and will be praying for a smooth surgery!