
I feel sorry for people who think more about a rainy day ahead than sunshine today.
-Rae Foley
Wise words, and unfortunately Rae would have been feeling very sorry for me these past few days...
Ahhh! What pure craziness this past week.
I got to my school for the first day of work on Tuesday, and after preparing for Kindergarten, I was given the job as the new Math and Science 5th grade teacher. Ok. Here we go.
While 5th grade was exactly what I wanted (the sunshine today) all I could think about was how overwhelmed I was/am with work and how hard it's going to be teaching pre-pubesant boys and girls (rainy day ahead).
I was so concerned with that that my sunny day became a huge thunderstorm.
So, I'm attempting to bring my umbrella now!
I don't think I can stop the rain...the unorganization of my school, the negative comments about my students, the immense amount of work, the demands of preparing an excellent classroom, and the insecurities of having no idea what that means.
So, if you can't stop the rain, you bring an umbrella. : )
My umbrella has been found in good friends, amazingly encouraging emails and letters, prayers, and strength given to me from incredible supports, and lots of deep breaths.
So, school starts Monday. Monday morning at 8:20, I will meet my 21 students. And, Monday afternoon at 12:00, I will meet my 18 students.
I teach two groups of students. I teach Group A Math and Science in the mornings, and I teach Group B Math and Science in the afternoons.
Butterflies have been eating away at my stomach. I am so nervous. : / And, I am so excited.
This is what I came here to do.
Bring it on Sunshine!
Lyrics I'm Humming:
Sugar, Sugar...ahh..Honey, Honey
1 comment:
Hi Meg. I am excited to talk with you on Monday night! I know you are nervous but ANYONE would be nervous about a new job in a new profession in a new town! I'm praying for your peace!
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment