Saturday, August 25, 2007

I am here.

Alright...so week 1 is done. This will be my last first week ever as a first year teaching. That is kinda exciting.

Low Point: A girl knocking everything off my desk (pencils, markers, stapler, paper...) and then sitting down like she just showed me up.

High Point: Friday when I got through two entire lessons!

It turns out I have more strictness in me than I thought. I am trying my best to be consistent and to be solid. This is going to be a rough first few months, but I will hold my ground.

I have learned a lot these first few days.

1.) I cannot be these kids friend. I am their teacher.
2.) I thought I would be fighting with the kids more...turns out I am pushing against the school, the administration, and other teachers.
3.) I must explain content clearly and consistently or kids will catch my mistakes. Kids will catch every single one of my mistakes.

Legally, I cannot post pictures or names of my students. So, unfortunately I can't tell you about all of the colorful personalities in my classroom... : ) More info to come about my students though!!

Thanks for the encouragement and posts on my blog. I will not merely get through this year, but THRIVE this year, with the encouragement of you, so thank you so much for your consistency! : )

Lyrics I'm Humming:
I Will Survive!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just make up names for your kids - I am dying to hear about 'bobby' and 'sue'!