Monday, November 07, 2005

Once Upon A Time...





Once upon a time...

I just visited a gorgeous abbey on top of this rock, called Mont Saint Michel (see picture below). It was incredible! I felt like I was living in a different time period! There are 6 monks that live at the abbey today, and 98 villagers live in the few surrounding houses on the little island. We toured it and enjoyed the gorgeous view from top!



On Saturday night, we stayed in this super cute hotel next to Mont St Michel. We thought it would be a good idea to walk out to the abbey and explore! Well, there were no street lights for miles! Ahhh! It was sooo dark! And, we ended up walking in the sheep pasture! (Which we didn't actually find out was a sheep pasture until the next day in the light). Once we got the abbey, we found a door that was opened and snuck in! Eiks! I felt like such a vagabond! Ohhh...that was definitely a $4 word.


Well, we darted around the security guard and started out climb to the top of the fortress. It was sooo beautiful at night! They have these huge spot lights at the very top, which shine onto the side of the abbey. My friend, Francesco, climbed up to where the lights came out and tried to make the "Batman" hand signal! Haha! Well, we definitely made the entire abbey light up differently...but, neither Batman nor Robin showed their face....sad day.



On Saturday, I went to the lovely port town of St. Malo (see picture at very very very top). Oh my word! How beautiful was that! I just love being on the water. So dang darn gorgeous. We climed all around these huge crags and took marvelous photos of the sunset!



On Sunday, we went to a little Normand farm and tried some homemade cider, apple tarts, and jam. I thought it was just lovely! (See picture above!)

And, guess what?! I saw corn fields! I definitely took their picture!!! Oh, good ole Iowa!

Well, my Mom and Dad are coming to Paris tomorrow! So exciting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are those cute little girls?

Jake said...

jealous, jealous, jealous.

i love and miss you and you are always in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

what jake said.

love you always.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you! It feels like years since we've seen each other. That little city on the rock reminded me of only one thing...Hogwarts!!! I was surprised you didn't give any mention to Harry's school. I miss you and hope you and mom and dad are having a good time...and avoiding the rebellion as much as possible.