
You know when you're somewhere, doing something, and you just feel like your soul is smiling? It's that kind of smile that just explodes from your insides. Some people find this pure joy in a sport, some find it in music, others find this uncontrolable joy in friends or family!
Well, for me...this indescribable, joyful feeling explodes from me when I dance. I just can't explain it, but I just feel so incredibly wonderful when I'm dancing. I always joke around and say that in my previous life I was a Mexican dancer. : )
I've been taking African and African-Brazilian Dance classes at the Centre de Danse du Marais in Paris. (The picture above is of one of the classrooms.) The studio is in a really cute courtyard, and all of the classrooms look out into it. It's absolutely amazing!
Tonight, I had my African class, and I am just still on such a high!!!
Ok...here's a little taste of what the class is like!
-There are African men (anywhere from 1-3) who sit at the front of the class and play sweet African instruments! They play drums, xylophones, and various other crazy African percussion instruments.
-Then, there's usually one main musicien who whistles or sings these crazy African songs.
-They all just smile and sing and jusy play the most amazing music!
-Then, the teachers! Oh the teachers are just crazy!!!
-Tonight, my teacher wore the craziest outfit! (See photo of African woman in a silver spandex shirt above) She sang the whole time all of these crazy African songs and chants!
-And, the dancing...oh the dancing is just amazing! You just throw your body around like none other and more your head, hips, knees, fingers, shoulders in ways that I didn't even think were possible!!!
I swear the entire time I'm in class, I am just grinning from ear to ear!* I just laugh and sing along and just sweat like crazy!
I really think heaven is going to be something like my African Dance Classes! I'm totally serious. I just love how I feel when I'm dancing! It's like I am so free and joyous! If this is what I think heaven on Earth is...I can't even imagine what the real Heaven is going to be like! I always think that if I enjoy something on Earth this much...how awesome is Heaven going to be!
But, one thing's for sure...I love African dance!
*Shout out to Annie!

2 comments:
megan that's so much fun! i'm jealous! you should show them the stomp...shoot, i bet you could really wow them! hahaha i love you!
Now THIS is something you may have inherited from me------I DO love to dance with abandon----it is soooo good for the soul!!!!!!I plan to be a ballet dancer in my next life---such beauty and grace!!!!!!! Or, I'd like to dance like in the movie, "Chicago." Or, tap dance like Shirley Temmple did---well, maybe a little better than that----or dance like Ginger Rogers with Fred Astaire--you may not even know who they were!!!!!
Keep dancin!!!!!!!!!
Love you----Grandma
Post a Comment