So, I've been exploring this HUGE city the past two weeks! I have to say that every time I venture out, I come across something unexpected! And, most of these surprising finds leave me with a smile. I really enjoy stumbling upon a unique street, an interesting person, or a beautiful dress! Maybe I should search out a career as a Professional Explorer. Does that exist? If anyone has any contacts, drop them my name please!
Outside the NY Stock Exchange building on Wall Street.
I've also become bosom buddies with the A, C, and 1 subway train. I've finished two books, and I am starting a third!
I've made some friends along the way...tried on lots of fun clothes (no purchases though)...and found many free museums and spots of interest! One of the best tours of the city is simply hoping on a public bus and riding the entire route. Now, this requires quite a bit of time; however, it is worth it!
I went to a book reading and discussion with Toni Morrison!
I'm anxious to start classes!!! Orientation starts Monday
.
An INCREDIBLY expensive pair of earrings that Valerie and I saw in the Hamptons! I got to visit her family there for a few days!
Lyrics I'm Humming:
"Boom" by Anjulie
6 comments:
so awesome!!! Love the pics!-ally
cute dress. cant help you with the temple info. hope orientation is going well - mom
Hi Megan. Cool that you got to see some video shoots! Maybe you could be in a movie! Glad you are enjoying the city. So many things to see. So little time.
Miss you lots! Picts are great! Purcell says hi, be safe and she loves you and will call you soon, after I hook her up cause she lost your number...likely story...haha! Hope university life is all you hoped it would be-so proud of you!
Meg! Awesome photos...as always :) I, too, find so much joy from the just the littlest things. Doesn't it just make days so much more enjoyable? Hope you're having a great Monday!!!
The paper money will be used to burn for ancestors, so in the afterlife they will be rich. I'm unsure why they were putting it into bags, maybe to ship it to other buddhist temples. Just a random sidenote, it can be extremely offensive to take pictures of Buddha. I once got my camera taken away overseas for takin pictures of buddha in a temple.
Post a Comment