Tuesday, June 30
Left Jerusalem
We left early in the morning to drive up to the Sea of Galilee bridge and border crossing. Dan and RayRay drove us. They are such kind men. We drove through the Israeli desert, mountains, and acres of cropland. I was shocked to see the amount of farming going on in Israel. We also passed a mountain which some say is the Mt of Beattitudes. (Picture below)Sea of Galilee: Capernaum
Capernaum is the city where Jesus started his ministry. He moved from Nazareth to Capernaum to find his "fishers of men." It is incredible to think of all of the life that Jesus and his disciples lived in Capernaum and around the Sea of Galilee.It seems that every place in Israel is a Holy Place. There is hardly a location where Jesus or his disciples did not grace. Every city and building has a story.
Sea of Galilee: Tiberius
We then went to Tiberius to have lunch before crossing the border. Ally, Dan, RayRay, and I all ordered the St Peter fish! The fish was fabulous, as has been all Israeli/Palestinian food! I am sad to be leaving this fabulous part of the world.Lyrics I'm Hummin:
"Wade in the Water" by the Blind Boys of Alabama
No comments:
Post a Comment