Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Beginnings

Today was definitely exciting!

I am going to be working at 4 schools! (Lots of work and lots of planning!!!)
Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll be at Lenora B Smith (where I was the past 8 weeks)
Mondays I'll be at Phillis Wheatley
Wednesdays I'll be at Kelsey Pharr
Fridays I'll be at Little River

Kelsey Pharr Elementary School

Today, I went to Kelsey Pharr (picture above) to meet the kids, and I pulled out the students from Lenora B. It was really fun! We worked on acrostic poems with our names.

My Bible study last night was really nice. We've been talking about God's part and our part with our finances...and not just giving and tithing, but saving and investing and debt and work and loans and even what God says about co-signing!

Did you know that there are over 2,350 verses in the Bible that deal with our finances?
Hello?! So crazy!


God is in control of everything. He is control of where we live and when we live there. He is sovereign.

God is in control of why things happen to us.

God is in control of the resources he entrusts us with.

The support and encouragement I received the past 8 weeks from you has been incredible.

My dear friend Molly Stouffer just sent me the kindest card, making me cry. I am blown away with the compassion and encouragement Christians give me.


Thank you for helping me get through these past 2 months. Thank you for giving me strength and energy to continue, not quitting. I am so thankful to those of you who helped me with open ears and kind words.

Tomorrow I go to Little River and Phillis Wheatly! Yeah! It is going to be a great day!


(And...definite bonus that I do not wake up in the mornings feeling nauseous and depressed...)

Lyrics I'm Humming:
Bicycle Race by Queen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice song choice...oh btw where are the windows on that school? do they have an ocean view? love you prayin for you...call you when my cell phone rises like Lazarus, so it'll probably be 4 days ;)

ally

Anonymous said...

Megan-
We are so glad that things are so much better!!!! What an amazing turn of events!! You deserve it! Keep the updates coming!
Love
Debbie and Christine

Anonymous said...

An incredible answer to many prayers. Write this one in your journal! We're excited to see you this weekend in Tulsa.
Love,
Dad