Being in Atlanta has been interesting... I feel as if I sometimes lose myself in the midst of all the busy-ness. It is somewhat relieving though to understand that the "busy-ness" that manifests itself so awfully in my daily schedule is for a greater purpose.
This summer I have had an influence on 12 3rd grade scholars! : ) I don't know how much influence, but I hope my positivity and love for learning has rubbed off on each of them.
I feel that so many times we get so caught up in our daily mundane tasks that's it's hard to step back and see the big picture. So often we just go through the motions... why is that?
Why do humans search for the habitual?
Is habit what makes us human?
I have been struggling with my daily schedule...I dread getting up at 5:00 am because I know my day will be full of challenges and growth. What is wrong with me?
I am here to help a greater cause, and I am here for kids who do not have the opportunity to receive an exceptional education.
However, there are so many systematic sins that I've been experiencing daily.
Today, my prayer is for the mundane, the schedules, the daily tasks that consume us. What are we living for? What is the point?
I need to always remember my purpose if I am to survive these next two weeks in Atlanta. I've been here for three weeks, but it feels like months.
I will continue because I believe I am a part of a bigger movement to end educational injustices.
I will continue.
This summer I have had an influence on 12 3rd grade scholars! : ) I don't know how much influence, but I hope my positivity and love for learning has rubbed off on each of them.
I feel that so many times we get so caught up in our daily mundane tasks that's it's hard to step back and see the big picture. So often we just go through the motions... why is that?
Why do humans search for the habitual?
Is habit what makes us human?
I have been struggling with my daily schedule...I dread getting up at 5:00 am because I know my day will be full of challenges and growth. What is wrong with me?
"And the day came when the pain of staying in a tight bud
became greater than the risk it takes to bloom."
-Anais Nin
I am here to help a greater cause, and I am here for kids who do not have the opportunity to receive an exceptional education.
However, there are so many systematic sins that I've been experiencing daily.
Today, my prayer is for the mundane, the schedules, the daily tasks that consume us. What are we living for? What is the point?
"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter."
I need to always remember my purpose if I am to survive these next two weeks in Atlanta. I've been here for three weeks, but it feels like months.
I will continue because I believe I am a part of a bigger movement to end educational injustices.
I will continue.
Lyrics I'm Humming:
I'm Falling On My Knees, Offering All of Me.
2 comments:
I am so proud of you Megan. Keep focused and take one day at a time....or one hour at at time. Lookinig forward to our 24 hour trip to Miami. -Mom
I love you Megan, and you're right-despite the tiredness and crazy schedule just keep in mind how many kids you'll be helping and why it's important that you're doing what you're doing. Keep your head up and keep smiling! :)
Post a Comment