Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bienvenido a Miami!


I am here!

Being here in Miami feels like that cold glass of lemonade you've been yearning for after the hot afternoon kickball game. Which doesn't really make sense because it is so hot here! : )

I am so happy to be here. My mom and I are unloading our stuff, and we are moving me into my new home.

I received my first piece of mail today! And, it couldn't have been from anyone better! My beautiful cousin, Sarah, sent me the kindest letter. It was so encouraging, and it was so kind. Sarah is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. She is incredibly sincere and real.

Allie (my sister), Sarah (my cousin), Andrea (my cousin), and me ...trying to fake sleep at Christmas time! : )

So, as I unpack my life and get ready to begin a new adventure in Miami, I feel so lucky. I feel so blessed. And, I feel so joyful!

So, Welcome to Miami!


Lyrics I'm Humming:
Welcome to Miami by Will Smith (of course!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Miami!! Hey, the picture you posted is incredible. You have such a cool view! I cannot wait to come see you. Love, Dad

Jake said...

Hey there! I am delighted you are in Miami embarking on a new journey in life! I am praying for you and I am humbled by your passion and courage to do what you do. Keep fighting the good fight.

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan!
Just wanted you to know you're always in our thoughts and prayers! Congratulations on making it through your training, and we can't wait to see what new experiences this fall is going to bring for you! You'll do great! Love you!
Craig and Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Dear Megan,
I know you are nervous about your first day of school on Monday. Pray...prepare and praise yourself for what you have accomplished already as a teacher through your training and your selection process. Then relax and get started! When you "dig in" you will feel better. If it makes you feel any better, I always had the jitters when I started 3rd grade or TAG and even each semester with college students and grad students. We all want to do our best...and I know you will. I will call you to see how your first day went!I love you so much and am so proud of you.
LOVE,
Aunt Sally
PS Did you get my letter?