Wanted: STRENGTH for a 22 year old, idealistic teacher trying to change the world with her own two hands.
I went to a Bible study tonight, and it was so nice to be around a group of Christians. I shared my frustrations and disappointments with school, and although my classroom is still a nightmare, I have some kind words to fall asleep to tonight.
God does not call us to be successful...
He calls us to be faithful.
-Mother Theresa (Mama T)
~~~
Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
And, my grandma is coming to visit this Saturday and she'll be here for my birthday! What an incredible blessing. So, I am holding on until then. I love my grandma.
Please keep my classroom in your thoughts and prayers. Pray for peace. Pray for me to have wisdom and strength. Pray for courage. Pray for patience. Pray for the kids to have some desire to work hard. Pray for my ability to inspire and motivate them to work hard.
In need of strength.
I think the part of this that bothers me the most is not how hard this situation is...it's that I thought I would be stronger. I hoped I would be able to rise above the negativity and warfare within my 4-walled classroom; however, it turns out that I am just a naive 22 year old girl.
Lyrics I'm Humming:
Lincoln Brewster's I Will Love the Lord
1 comment:
Verse 10 of Psalm 46 says, "Cease striving and know that I am God." (NAS)
If we can rest in that, we can find peace. Though it is much easier said than done. I feel your frustration (as I'm in a horrible work environment too) and I will be praying for you!
Love you Much!
Post a Comment